Lunches with Lisa

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My sister has worked in the hospital system for a number of years and knows people in just about every department. I met her for lunch today and there was a man that I didn't recognize standing at the table talking to her.

She introduced me as I sat down and I heard him saying how happy he is in his new department.

"Nobody gives me a hard time or complains. It's nice and quiet.."

He kept going on about how great things are.

As many of you know who work with the general public, it's not always a walk in the park. In fact, at times, it can be downright challenging. A gathering of ten different people from ten different departments can usually find a common thread and openly vent about something.

I thought to myself, If he's so happy, maybe I should apply to his department. No one giving me a hard time or complaining? Quiet? Sounds fantastic!

When he walked away, I said to Lisa, "He works here at the hospital? I don't understand how he's that thrilled with his job. He didn't make a negative comment about anything. Where does he work?"

A grin spread over Lisa's face, "The morgue."

9 comments

  1. No wonder no one talks back to him! I'd be scared crapless if they did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds more like the customer complaint department?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic. I would love to work with a bunch of stiffs...wait...I do - lawyers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this so funny because at one time I thought of actually doing the hair and makeup for the dead people in funeral homes.

    No complaints.

    HA!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! That is awesome! BTW the Queen told me to stop by so I did! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to work in the morgue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Scribe,
    I know. I get the willies just being in the basement where the morgue is.

    @R. Jacob,
    Funny!

    @Simply Suthern,
    Now why didn't I think of that?

    @Travel Girl,
    Good one! I used to work with them, too.

    @Ron,
    Did you really? You're right. Always a satisfied customer. No tips, though. :-(

    @randomblogette,
    Bless the Queen. Thanks! Nice to meet ya!

    Funny Girl,
    Really??

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, you know you want to say it..

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It