Do you have four of these, please?

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

You know I never talk about work because I don't want to get fired for what I might have to say. (Even though it would all be good...wink...wink...) Well, suffice to say that work has been CA-RA-ZY lately so all I want to do when I come home is hang with my baby, Lem, short for lemon drop martini.




Oh and the kids, too. Sometimes, I don't even want to hear people talking on the TV. I just want quiet. No one bitching or moaning or complaining. And I had forgotten how incredibly quiet this neighborhood is. My mother used to bitch about it. "There's nothing going on here. I think a man walked by with his dog today but that was it."

I, on the other hand, lived on a busy street with lots of action. People, kids, dogs, cars, sirens. You name it. After a while, it all kind of became background noise but when you remove yourself from that environment, the quiet is overwhelming. In my case,  it's overwhelmingly good. The backyard is pretty long and the houses all border the soccer fields. My elementary school used to sit back there but over the years, enrollment dwindled and they decided to tear it down.

Since it's not soccer season yet, there's not much action besides the occasional guy hitting golf balls, deer foraging for food or dogs chasing frisbees. My evenings have left me lots of time to be introspective and as I look around at many of my still unpacked boxes, I realize that I still have a ton of shit!

Remember a few years back , when I was frustrated that none of my stuff matched and so I signed up for a bridal registry at Bed Bath & Beyond to marry my dog? You know, it's funny, they still send  coupons to me and my partner, Bernie Beegehl.

Anyway, now I have even more unmatched shit since I inherited all of my mother's stuff. I finally broke down and hauled most of it to the resale shop. I had been using my grandmother's Noritake gold rimmed china and goldplated flatware for years and decided it was time for something a little more day to day. And something that didn't spark in the microwave.



Ta-dah! It was hard to take a flash picture without it looking swirly, swirly but you get the idea.

Here's my first dinner guest. I think he really appreciated the coordination.





8 comments

  1. Beautiful dishes, nice martini, great looking dog. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have those same placemats. And a very similar looking dog. I'm gonna work on that martini part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, that last photo of Dino sitting at the table is beyond PRECIOUS! LOVE the expression on his face!!

    Faaaaaaaabulous dishes, girl!

    "Sometimes, I don't even want to hear people talking on the TV. I just want quiet. No one bitching or moaning or complaining."

    I'm the same way. After being with the public all day long, I can't wait to get home and just be quiet. And if there were someway I could silence all the outside city noise I hear at night, it would be perfect. But alas, that's city life!

    That martini looks so yummy! One of these days I have to try one instead of my usual red wine.

    Have a terrific Tuesday!

    X to you and the gang!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not super fond of quiet. I like the white noise in the background. It helps drowned out the voices in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ta-dah! Hahaha! More un-matching stuff hunh? Lemon Drop martini looks good, but I think Bernie believes as your "partner" he deserves to dip his tongue in your drink. I'd keep my eye on him if I were you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's hilarious about your Bed, Bath registry! I've had registry-envy for years, and now you're really putting ideas in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please send martini.. need is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Bread and beer,
    Thanks, I did!

    @Teresa,
    C'mon over with Seamus. We'll make it a night!

    @Ron,
    It was so funny because he's never sat on those chairs so when I put him on it, he kind of looked at me like, "now what??"

    @Simply Suthern,
    LOL! I can relate to that one.

    @The Roving Retorter,
    Brilliant, right? Although, as you can see, no one bought us anything. Ahhh..the best laid plans. :-(

    @Clare and Gary,
    It's in the mail! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, you know you want to say it..

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It