BOO!

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My friend, Michelle, and I went to go see Drag Me to Hell last night. We were surrounded by teenagers and 20-something boys but I think she and I shrieked the loudest in horrified delight. It was great.



I judge the quality of a scary movie by its "jump factor". The number of times you JUMP out of your seat at an unexpected moment. This movie had plenty of jump factors.

Michelle is the only one I can get to go see these movies with me. I have never dated a man who will go to the theater to watch one or even rent one.

Here's a clue for you guys. We rent a scary movie. I jump in fear. You grab me to protect me and "accidently" cop a feel in the process. Do I need to put together a manual or something?

I've asked guys to go with me but I just can't seem to convince them.

"Hey, can we go see that new movie tonight? Satan's Spawn?"

"Oh God, no, I hate those movies."

"C'mon, I'll protect you..."

"I said, no. I don't like scary movies."

"For me....???"

"No! You can't make me go," as he curls up in a fetal position, sucking his thumb.

Can someone explain this to me?

12 comments

  1. Psh, if that's all it takes, I'll go. I don't care if the movie's good or bad as long as one of those "cop-a-feel" moments can be guaranteed. I only witnessed your jump factor with two different movies and that was The Grudge and Spice World........Yes, I saw Spice World.....Long story short, I did NOT get a cop-a-feel moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To answer your question, Chrissy, yes a manual WOULD be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm.. I think you need to look at some different men, maybe with some logic. I have always dated guys who "get it", but what's great is I rarely jump, so jokes on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No...I can't explain this to you, because I happen to LOVE scary movies.

    In fact, when I watch them at home I turn all the lights out so it's even scarier!

    See!! This is yet another thing that makes us TWINS!

    BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I'm still laughing. Isn't it sad that even when we spell it out for them, they just don't get it. Funny, funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. On now Beau, you know nothing in life is guaranteed but death and taxes but it can't hurt to try.

    Spice World? Now THAT'S scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, Chris. I'll get right on that and reserve a copy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. D-Jake,
    Sometimes the games can be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Theresa,
    Yes. Funny AND a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ron,
    Of COURSE you like them, too! I watch them with the lights out, too. Sometimes I scare myself too much to go upstairs and go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take a manual too, Chrissy, even though I watched Drag Me To Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good, I'll call you to go to the next scary movie. And I'll put you on the list for the manual.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, you know you want to say it..

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It