Full house

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Vinny is home!



They gradually weaned him off the oxygen and he did well enough that they were able to release him. The dogs were so excited to see him! When I brought him in, I held him as I placed him on the floor in front of them. They sniff, sniff, sniffed him while their tails were wagging like crazy. Once Vinny had enough, I let him go and he ran to the bedroom upstairs that I never use. He likes to spend time up there since the dogs never really go there but just in case, I put the baby gate up at the bottom of the step to keep them downstairs.
 
Guess who tripped over it?
 
 
 
Hey, at least I didn't sprain or break anything. This time. They should call them adult gates.
 
It's been such an emotional couple of days. I was such a wreck. I honestly don't know how those of you with kids do it. If I had children and something happened to them, I would be beside myself. I would be so strict and over protective and that combined with my inherent mental issues would spell eventual matricide for sure.
 
Of course, it wouldn't be like a Lyle and Erik Menendez thing. That would require a father and the above mentioned mental issues would have made him leave years before the kids were at an age where they could go out and buy illegal firearms.
 
Things are going to change around here for all the babies. No more running out to pee off lead for the dogs and I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep Vinny inside from now on.
 
Thank goodness none of them have opposable thumbs.
 

6 comments

  1. LMAO, Why am I not surprised?

    Glad he's home.

    It is hard having kids. Especially the first ones. After 3 tho the 4th is left to their own devices and the others complain how they never got to do those things.

    Have a Great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaaaaay....I am so happy to hear the news, Chrissy! You and Vinny have been in my thoughts all weekend.

    "It's been such an emotional couple of days. I was such a wreck."

    It's no wonder, I would have been as well.

    Love that last photo - HA!

    X to Vinny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Simply Suthern,
    Vinny was hiding yesterday but today, he's ready to go back out already. This is gonna be a challenge. Thanks, you too!

    @Ron,
    Thanks! It's so good to have him home.

    I was crying at that photo when I saw it. PEW PEW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chrissy! I'm glad he's home and settled x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see Vinnie in the car. He looks happy and alert.

    He deserves some cat treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Indigo,
    Thanks! I'm thrilled!

    @Laoch of Chicago,
    Thanks, yes! For a cat, he's a good car rider. You would never know I almost lost him a few days ago. He's doing great!

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, you know you want to say it..

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It