Rain, rain go away

Monday, October 29, 2012

No matter where you live, I'm sure you've heard about Hurricane Sandy, dubbed Frankenstorm. I must admit, I'm a weather whore. I can sit and watch the Weather Channel for hours. I'm just so fascinated by mighty Mother Nature.

I know there are some of you who lie directly in this massive storm's path and my prayers go out for the safety of you, your loved ones and your property.

Since the running joke in Cleveland, OH is "If you don't like the weather, give it 15 minutes and it will change.", we're used to extreme heat, cold, rain and snow. And sometimes all in the same day. If you look at a map of the storm, you can see that we lie right on the outer edge of the system but that outer edge still packs a pretty mean punch.





I stopped at Whole Foods Market tonight on the way home from work to buy some soup because a cold, stormy night is the perfect time for tomato soup! I was waiting to checkout and the cashier, a young man in his early 20's, was lamenting about the storm to every patron that went through his line. At first, I felt sorry for him but by the time I got to him, I wanted to slap him across the face and say, "Get a hold of yourself, man!"

I hope he didn't see this picture of the Shoreway on Lake Erie, taken this afternoon.



My sister bought me this portable power station a few years back and I remembered wondering what the heck I would ever do with it. Well, tonight, I might find out.

Stay safe everyone!

4 comments

  1. Good luck to you up there. I figgered you would be covered in snow by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're safe and sound, and that you didn't lose power, Chrissy!

    We got a lot of cold, gusty wind and some rain, but we fortunate to NOT lose power. Today, it's very cold and gray. I think NYC and Jersey took the worst hit.

    Take care, girl.

    X to you and the gang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! Hopefully you won't have to use the portable power station.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You planning to plug your stripper pole into the portable power station? ;P

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, you know you want to say it..

Blogger Template created by Just Blog It